The member of the Association is:
- a person who expresses a desire to join a team of primarily criminalists and then scientific and professional workers from related scientific disciplines, united in one vision – the development of criminalistic as a profession and as a scientific discipline.
- a person who accepts the defined goals of the Association,
- a person who accepts the Statute of the Association and
- a person who pays the annual membership fee..
Membership in the Association is voluntary.
Membership in the Association can be regular and accessible.
Under the same conditions, able-bodied citizens of the Republic of Croatia, as well as adult foreigners, who meet the conditions for admission to membership, can become members of the Association.
Criminalists can become regular members. Criminalists are persons who have acquired such a title during their higher or university education for a period of at least two years.
Higher education professionals from other professions and scientific disciplines who use the methods of criminalistic in their work or whose methods in the original or adapted form are used or could be used by criminalistic can also become regular members.
Students of the Police High School and other related colleges can also become member members.
The procedure for admission to regular membership begins with a written request of the candidate or at the proposal of a member of the Council of the Association.
Accession membership begins at the proposal of a member of the Council of the Association. At the first session, the Council of the Association from among its members appoints a rapporteur who is authorized to check the qualifications of the candidate and his readiness to accept the goals of the Association and to perform the activities of the Association. The rapporteur informs the Council of the Association about the performed check, which makes a decision on fulfilling the formal conditions and admitting the candidate to membership or on refusing admission if the candidate does not meet the formal conditions. The Council of the Association informs the candidate about the decision.
The decision on admission to membership is made by the Council of the Association at a session by a majority vote of all members.
The Association keeps and stores a list of members of the Association as well as a register of each member of the Association.
The Council of the Association will issue instructions on how to keep registers and other records of the Association.
Members of the Association have rights and duties, in accordance with the Statute, and in particular:
- participate in the work of the Association,
- to elect and be elected to the bodies of the Association,
- to be informed about the entire work and operations of the Association,
- actively contribute to the achievement of the goals and activities of the Association,
- receive praise and awards for their achievements and activities related to the goals and activities of the Association,
- regularly inform about their own activities and achievements related to the goals and activities of the Association,
- pay the membership fee as well,
- exercise other rights and fulfill other obligations provided by other acts of the Association.
Accession members participate in the work of the Assembly of the Association without the right to vote in the election of the bodies of the Association. Accession members may not be elected to other bodies of the Association referred to in Art. 14/1. Statute.